About Heather Dade

Heather Dade was born near the Great Lakes, but made her way to South Carolina where she lives to this day. She's the author of Epiphany (an ARe best seller) and Forbidden Magic. She has also published several books and over forty short stores and poems under the name Heather Kuehl (pronounced "keel").
For more information about Heather's published works, upcoming releases, and events visit her website; http://www.mrsheyhey.com/

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Dark Side of the Moon by Sherrilyn Kenyon


I just finished reading this book yesterday and, on a scale from 1-5, I give it a three. I didn't really care about the characters until I was 2/3 of the way through it. And once Susan and Ravyn started knocking boots, the plot was sent to the curb. It was like, what police corruption? We're having sex!

I'll be honest, it's taken me a bit to get into every Kenyon book that I read. There's just so much back story and terminology for the reader to learn that I spend half the book trying to figure out why Artemis is feeding off people like a vampire. Luckily not too much, or I'd have sworn off her books after I read Archeron. I'm now trying to get into Devil May Cry (or as I like to call it, the one with Sin and Katra. These book titles have NOTHING to do with the plot of the book). I think if these books were 150 pages long I'd like them better. Because by 2/3 of the way through, Sin and Katra have already had sex (even though she looks like her mother Artemis who Sin hates with all his soul. Why would you boink someone to looks like your enemy?), Katra meets her father for the first time (a thing that should have been super emotional, but wasn't), and there's demons killing people. But like I said before, once the two main characters start getting frisky, all plot points go bye-bye.

I think that's why I don't read much romance. I like plot, and when the sex becomes what matters most, I get bored. Don't get me wrong, I love a good sex scene (Eric and Sookie in the shower is my fave) but I don't like it when the plot gets tossed aside for it. *cough*Anita Blake*cough*

Will I keep reading Kenyon's Dark Hunter series? Yep. It's interesting enough, and the books are fairly short.

No comments: